Sunday, February 17, 2008

Broken for You

Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos was loved by Small World and Mommy Brain and Musings of a Bookish Kitty. I liked it in some ways, but overall I didn't care for it that much! I thought it was sort of strange, I didn't quite "get" most of the characters, I couldn't relate to them. When I had just over 100 pages left, I just wanted to finish. I give it a 3.5/5 stars. I like so many of the books the above bloggers recommend, I don't know why I have such a different opinion this time. I guess we can't always agree.

I started a more fluffy book this morning, well fluffier than Broken for You anyway - Catch a Rising Star by Tracey Bateman. I loved her Claire series, so far so good with this one (but I'm only on page 26).

Perfect day for reading today, they are predicting blizzard-like conditions today with up to a foot of snow. Just want I want after a very long winter already. Yeah right. Gotta just hang in there a little while longer! Spring will come eventually.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

SmallWorld said...

So sorry you didn't love it! It was definitely not a light read, and I made the mistake of reading one 10-times heavier right after that one! Phew! I need some Danielle Steele or something now (kidding)!
SmallWorld

Carrie K. said...

Isn't it funny how different books effect different people? It seems like everyone absolutely loved The Poisonwood Bible, and I hated it so much, I couuldn't even finish it! Hope you'll love your next read more. :)