Sunday, February 17, 2008

Broken for You

Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos was loved by Small World and Mommy Brain and Musings of a Bookish Kitty. I liked it in some ways, but overall I didn't care for it that much! I thought it was sort of strange, I didn't quite "get" most of the characters, I couldn't relate to them. When I had just over 100 pages left, I just wanted to finish. I give it a 3.5/5 stars. I like so many of the books the above bloggers recommend, I don't know why I have such a different opinion this time. I guess we can't always agree.

I started a more fluffy book this morning, well fluffier than Broken for You anyway - Catch a Rising Star by Tracey Bateman. I loved her Claire series, so far so good with this one (but I'm only on page 26).

Perfect day for reading today, they are predicting blizzard-like conditions today with up to a foot of snow. Just want I want after a very long winter already. Yeah right. Gotta just hang in there a little while longer! Spring will come eventually.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

So sorry you didn't love it! It was definitely not a light read, and I made the mistake of reading one 10-times heavier right after that one! Phew! I need some Danielle Steele or something now (kidding)!
SmallWorld

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how different books effect different people? It seems like everyone absolutely loved The Poisonwood Bible, and I hated it so much, I couuldn't even finish it! Hope you'll love your next read more. :)