With Love, Libby is the fifth and last book in the Coming Home to Brewster series by Roxanne Henke. The five books in order are After Anne, Finding Ruth, Becoming Olivia, Always Jan, and With Love, Libby. Funny I liked them all except Finding Ruth. I'm not sure why but I couldn't get into that one.
I'm not good at writing reviews so I will just share some of the truths about our walk with God and our relationships with each other that were reinforced to me through this book.
- Be humble and admit when you're wrong.
- Show mercy and compassion toward others when they are caught in a sin.
- Respond with love and not anger when someone you love disappoints you.
- The importance of communication with our loved ones, don't let things unspoken come between you
- Allow your children to make their own mistakes, to live out their own dreams and not what you think their dreams should be
- Don't force them into your mold.
- You will just push your children away if you do the above, and no one "wins", you will both be hurt.
These are all things we all already know, but I love when things like this are fleshed out in a book and really speak to my heart and encourage me to be a better person.
I don't think the plot is totally original but I like the way the book is written and I really cared about the characters. In the book, Olivia (Libby) is writing a letter to Anne (who has passed away) and when I read the final words from Libby to Anne, "With Love, Libby" I got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I could just feel the love and deep friendship that Libby still has in her heart for Anne.
Roxanne has a website http://www.roxannehenke.com/ and a new book out called The Secret of Us. I haven't read it yet.
I highly recommend this book and the whole series. Rating: 4/5