Thursday, July 3, 2008

Four More Books

I'm finished with the next 4 books from my last library visit:

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris - I liked the first chapter and thought it was going to be good then I lost interest quickly. Didn't finish.

The Interloper by Antoine Wilson - This was a strange book, a little creepy. It was okay. 3/5

The Speed Queen by Stewart O'Nan - I liked his book The Good Wife which is the only book by this author I've read. This one is about a woman on death row - after the last book I was in the mood for something more uplifting so I didn't get past the first few pages of this. I skimmed through it though and I'm glad I didn't read it. I still want to try some more of his books.

Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson - I started this last night and laughed out loud already in the first chapter. But I quickly got bogged down and didn't feel like reading it. I think this would be a great book to listen so I'm going to see if the library has an audio version. But for now I'm not going to finish this one either!

I also paged through the socks knitting book. I have enough sock patterns to last me a lifetime so I don't think I'll ever buy this one but you never know. There was one really complicated pattern with a really crazy chart to follow. It just boggled my mind!

So nothing too exciting to report today. I hope I can really get into one of the four books I have left from my last big list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to Notes from a Small Island on audio, and it was wonderful!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I SO admire your ability to "give up" on a book and not read the whole thing if it doesn't just thrill you. That is something I need desperately to work on - I have this odd completion complex about things. I have struggled with books in the past and hated every minute, just to get to the end (in hopes that somehow, they will miraculously redeem themselves by the last page). Sigh... mostly, these days, I try to stick to books I KNOW I will like :)

Happy Reading and have a wonderful July 4th weekend!